"Remember Me" is a 1970 single recorded and released by singer Diana Ross on the Motown label and was included on her 1971 album Surrender. The song was released as the album's first single on December 8, 1970 by the label. It was written and produced by Ashford & Simpson. In the US, the song was Ross' third top forty pop hit within a year, peaking at number 16 on the Hot 100 chart and number 10 on the soul chart. It was also Diana Ross' third entry on the Easy Listening chart, where it went to number 20. It gave Diana her third gold single in a year and her third top 10 charting single in Cash Box, peaking at number eight. Overseas, "Remember Me" reached the top ten in the UK, where it reached number seven. It was the lead single from Ross' 1971 album, Surrender.
The song was written and produced by the Motown collaborators Ashford & Simpson. The song is written from the view of a spurned woman who requests that her ex-boyfriend remembers her for all the positive things she had brought to his life.
- Lead vocals by Diana Ross
- Background vocals by Ashford & Simpson
- Produced by Ashford & Simpson
- "secondhandsongs.com". secondhandsongs.com. Retrieved December 30, 2020.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942–2004. Record Research. p. 500.
- Whitburn, Joel (2002). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–2001. Record Research. p. 210.
- "Cash Box Top 100 2/13/71".
- "Top 100 1971". top-source.info. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955–1990. ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- "Top 100 1971 - UK Music Charts". Uk-charts.top-source.info. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- "Top 100 Year End Charts: 1971". Cashbox Magazine. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- on YouTube